Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Thing 1

Creating a Blogger account was not possible with my St. Kate's google account. We are denied access to Blogger, so I used my University of Minnesota Google account. I'm not sure why St Kate's doesn't allow access to Blogger.

Participating in "23 Mobile Things" is required in LIS7250 Curriculum and School Libraries, one of the courses I'm teaching this semester at St. Kate's. I was a high school librarian when "23 Things on a Stick" was offered, and I thought it would be a great opportunity for my professional development. I began eagerly and completed Thing 1, and maybe Thing 2, and then just became too busy with my work to continue. I want to give my students time for this, because like me, if it's not required, they will find other work crowds out this opportunity. By requiring it of my students, I know that I will complete it, too. I'm looking forward to learning a lot!

I will be using my iPad as my mobile device. I'm excited to learn educational apps and also apps for personal use. I've barely scratched the surface of my iPad's capacity because I've not made time to explore it. I will make time now.

No comments:

Post a Comment